Thursday 13 March 2014

Primary Reserch - Leeds City Museum

I got some primary research in at Leeds City Museum as there is a natural beauty display on at the moment and as I've got a forest in my scene i thought that the research would be good to fuel some nice landscapes inspiration. 


waterfalls and streams are a must in this game level, i need to create a sense of realism adding rocks and other things etc,...


I am going to create a beautiful skybox which shows off the colours of the wind mixed with the peaks of the mountain tops, i want something really visually beautiful  




I found some beautiful landscape pictures in the museum it was really lovely to see this special exhibition, I took inspiration from them and noticed a lot how the natural environment is set out. there a lot of things everywhere such as rocks on the shore to a random pebble on the beach, i will add these little things in to make it much more believable and to add depth to the environment and story. 












I liked the coins below here it reminded me of the treasure from the poem, old coins aren't what they are today i will need to model something in the shape of a pentagon as they didn't have a lot of round currency back then. I think it will fit the style of the piece much more. 




I noticed these door handles straight away as this is the level of detail i want to achieve in some of my props. I will be taking this research and using it to fuel my idea when modelling in maya itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment