Monday 31 March 2014

Putting together a gaming CV

So writting a good CV is something you absolutly need to learn as a skill and its something that is really going to help you get a job in the games industry. Granted what helps you more is who you know, what you know and the experience you have, but a CV helps you to show all these things off in a professional way and its most times the first point of contact you're going to have when introducing yourself to someone new via getting a job. 
I started by looking around a lot on the internet at trusted sites and big named brands i knew that were giving out good free advice. 
One in particula i found was that of MCV when i worked at game i used to read the free magazine we got in every month in there and it would always be filled with marketing for games and things that were going on of interested to the video games industry, so i knew from this that this advice would be good. 
TALK ABOUT HERE WHAT MCV SAYS



I also found another link here that was of interest to me it gave some good pointers and took a good approach of creating a template which is something i hadn't thought to do. 



EDGE magazine as everyone knows is a big trusted company who gives out solid and well researched information all the time so i paid close attention to what EDGE magazine said regarding CV's 
TALK ABOUT MAIN POINTS HERE-




My CV
With all this information i was ready to start writing my CV I started off by giving myself footer titles to act as a template for myself so i wouldn't get lost and loose focus whilst writing, when you get on a role with something it can be easy to forget another idea you had. 
I took in all the pointers and advice that i had got from researching into writing a CV. 
I made sure to make the layout and page look professional, I spell checked everything a proof read over and over again, I used big words to sell myself and completely told the truth in everything i wrote.
I used experience from my work place to show that i could communicate well with people as live experience is needed to to help you work in a team environment and just better on a whole.   




No comments:

Post a Comment