Thursday 20 March 2014

Scale testing/other testing and 3D floor plan

First off I found that researching actual sizes of castles helped me to get a better idea of the scale i wanted to create in my scene, here is a link to an articles i read about the 10 largest castles in the world -

I then did a lot of scale testing for this module as from last module i discovered it really really helps you prepare. Matt also helped me realise that scale is very important as the light features wont work properly in unity or maya which explains a lot over the past two years.
So i began by scaling up to create a sort of majestic view so that the first person controller would feel small and over powered by the huge magnificent castle towering over them. After including Matt's scaling rule though i discovered that this wouldn't work and went on to scaling properly in units.



I also produced a 3D floor plan which i will use to build upon i find that my work flow is much better this way and i don't waste time double thinking where everything will go, i have followed my floor plans and adapted them into a 3D floor plan. 
I also designed the floor plans from the mini concept art i did which turned out to actually help me a lot which i was surprised about. I normally work better from my head but as it has been pointed out to me this isn't part of the development stage, you have to show all development process's because people can't understand what is in your head unless you show them.   
So here are some angles of the 3D floor plan, I will talk through the stages of where everything will be built in my presentation i will also later annotate these screenshots so it shows people looking at my blog too. 

 FRONT ANGLE

 TOP

SIDE

SIDE

 BACK

 FRONT OPPOSITE ANGLE

FIRST PERSON CONTROLLER START

No comments:

Post a Comment