Monday 31 March 2014

Plans after uni - Whats next for me

I have a two year plan for after uni which I have gone into great detail in my critical report. Overall I have very happy with this plan and I actually think it is a very strong one and will work. I have a lot of confidence in it as I've thought long and hard about it.

I know that personally in me I am not at the level I want to be right now so as soon as i leave uni I will be getting a full time job that pays the rent and In my spare time I will be using my digital tutors subscription to build my skills and in turn build up my portfolio to a higher standard. I will also be asking my friends in the games industry to critique my work and look out for jobs for me wether it be applying for Rep positions, Games Tester or pulling out the big guns and going for my dream of 3D Environment artist and Level Designer.

I will also be attending Life after college in the summer time this is something I also attended last year and benefited greatly from, the speakers were fantastic and gave you information and advice you wouldn't have even thought of at the start of the day, I know that my self and others learned a lot from it as well as making lasting contacts who still are in touch with me today.
I am also thinking about having a free studio space that the uni does (I need to check if they are still doing it like last year) This will push me to work in a more professional environment and hopefully get more work done and keep me focused.
In the mean time I will continue to look for jobs int he area on indeed.co.uk fortnightly and if any arise that i can take in my skill set at the minute then i will jump and apply however i am not holding my breath on this, my two year plan is much more detailed than this please read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment