Thursday 20 March 2014

Finding a Sound Designer - Overcoming Obstacles

So i started by putting a shout out on facebook to anyone that knew anyone that could compose and play a soundtrack for me, there were a few responses and from this i contacted the people below. 
I have a good feeling about both of them and i think that i will collaborate with both of them to see there work and then i can put in both mixtures of beautiful music. I am looking for something along the lines of Dear Esther obviously not up to that standard but something that invokes sorrow and sadness, something that effects you whilst its being heard, mix that with a fantastic narration and i will be happy :)
Here's the two conversations i've had so far with the sound designers-









Andy to the rescue! 
So as you can see from the last post here my sound designer bailed on me at the last minute which wasn't good at all because at this point i was waiting on sound to be done so that i could start scripting it to the scene. I panicked a little but then i contacted my friend Andy who is also a sound designer friend of mine who i met at Game City Nights in Leeds at an event. 
He straight away helped me out and send me something he had made previously which he thought would fit well with the poem as i gave him the information on it and the animatic, which showed the visuals of the level and the narration for the poem. 
It fit perfectly and it created that sense of awe i was looking for too so in the end i was very glad that she bailed on me :)

He also created a special piano song to go with it but with it being so last minute i haven't got time to edit it in final cut pro to put it in, plus the other song on its own just goes nicely so i don't want it to become too much. 
Here is the link to the piano song he made for my game level. 
Thanks again Andy :)

It has a lovely medieval sort of feel to it however i do think that it may over power the narration a tiny bit with the low keys? I'm not a sound designer so i don't know but I love it still. His work is great and both would go really well with the level. 

Here's the conversation we had and the work i showed him and visa versa-



Here's Andy's website if you want to check anything out or get free sounds, he's really good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment