Thursday 20 March 2014

Lighting

A big part of my scene was lighting i got this from my feedback also that my scene was lit way too bright so i decided to turn things down a notch. 
I added effects in such as a suns flare to create a more peaceful and aesthetically pleasing environment to be in. 

Experimenting with light & dark

I experimented with what my level would be like in the dark or night time but i decided against this idea as i didn't want to use tactile effects like i explain in an earlier blog post. 

As you can see hear my scene was lit way too bright i think i had two directional lights shining at a pretty high intensity so i can understand know why it was so bright and should have been turned down especially since i had a lot of dim lit candles in the environment.


I really enjoyed lighting the candles in this level, i researched online what candle flames look like and tried my best to get something realistic and close as i could to it.
I looked around at digital tutors and tutorials online to find some good ones that helped me along the way and taught me some skills i will remember for next time. 


I found that after i had created them i was being very picky and changed the effects of the particles ever so slightly that they looked more realistic to me and fit better in the scene.
The one on the right is the one i changed to the one on the left. It looked like a bunsen burner before and candles don't burn that way so it was nice to get a more filling flame and burn effect through the particle system. 
                                            After                                     Before    

I found that it was easy to mess around with things when you knew where they were such as colour change and creating an effect of an orange glow. 





I tested what my props would look like in the dark and if they were lit enough, i think they are and they look good in the day time scene too. 


This is what it would of looked at at night time, its pretty but i think it looses focus from the story and the texture with it not being lit enough

No comments:

Post a Comment