Monday 31 March 2014

Social media set up

A very big part I have learned from PPP over these past three years is to create a professional and wide reach on social media, it is an absolute must in this day and age and can benefit you to no end.
Without Social Media your work is being limited to people finding out about it through TV or newspapers etc and that type of advertising is expensive and to be honest not as popular as the internet.

Knowing this I have created and updated some of my social media

Twitter
I started by giving my Twitter a whole new look showing off some of my 3D environment skills and an appealing way to contact me through email, I thought that by creating a brand/ logo for myself it would benefit me into giving something people to recognise me for as well as the name 'Lowrybear'
I think that my Twitter page looks much better now, I may change it again to make it slightly more professional looking however i think that humour works well sometimes so i will be observing my page and see how it goes as i start to tweet more and get in touch with people in the video games industry.

Tumblr
I don't use Tumblr so this is something i must change, I have created a Tumblr page for myself I'm still to get into it more and understand fully what its all about, I've found it to be a good source to find similar people who are interested in the same things as i am.


New Blog
I created a new blog to focus on lowrybear for when i leave uni, this is going to be a blog of my work i have created, how i did it and my thought process on what i have made. I will use this as a source and connection to relevant practitioners. It will put me on until i have enough work and money to create an official paid website. I also have a friend who is a web designer so I've been thinking about asking him also to see if he could sort me out with a basic one, this would save money and also be a bit more professional than a blog but i think having both would be a good idea.


Facebook
I created a brand/product page for Lowrybear through my own current facebook account. I have done this to wider spread my focus on Lowrybear, facebook isn't that professional but as you get more likes and share it with your friends etc it does get things out there, people including games industry people go on it everyday so i think this is still a good channel to have open for people to contact me on work they like/ critical feedback and also hopefully work.


Linked in
Linked in is the most important one here, it is the most professional way to advertise yourself i think and i already have a lot of interesting and useful links of it. I have connected with people that posts jobs for people who are looking for work in the video games industry. I find it really helpful too that you can upload your work and people you know can endorse your work for you, it's almost like your own personal online CV which is just what you need to get noticed nowadays.

I think i will defiantly benefit from updating and creating these pages, I have learned a lot from PPP and how to advertise yourself and what practitioners are looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment