Thursday 20 March 2014

Time Management

Time management was very important in this module we had a lot to do and we wrote our selves self directed briefs so it was totally up to us what we did with them and what time we took.
I first started out by making a huge timetable of what i was going to do and when i was going to do it, i find that this layout for me makes it easy for me to stick on the wall in my office above my computer and just look at it and be reminded of when I'm suppose to get something finished, if I'm behind schedule if I'm in front. From this i can then create a plan of action and make lots of notes on what next to do and lists of what i am going to do next, i find myself doing this all the time to stay organised and it's become a really good practise for me. Compared to the likes of year one and two i am much more organised now being able to juggle multiple projects and tasks without letting them over flow into each other.
As you can see I set out specific dates and how long things would take to finish i think i handled it well and gave myself enough to if things went wrong. 

I also made a Gannt chart.
I fidn these less hepful than timetables as i prefer doing it by hand instead of on a computer i just find it more better to be hands on and then i know what i've wrote down all the time. 
However for professionalism sake and because the brief stated it also i created one. 
They are handy i just find timetables work better for my workflow.

This video helped to make a much better one too :)

And here are my many many notes from practise, i find that writing them and lists help me to keep on top of things just so i am super sure i don't forget to do something. It's really good practise for me and I'm glad I do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment