Thursday 20 March 2014

Presentation Crit - 27th March

This presentation was in place for us to show how we had focused our research and what path our development process was taking us down. I found this presentation to be quite helpful because communicating my new ideas to the class were something i wanted feedback from as i had changed my idea from the last presentation we had. It was nice to see people interested and Matt seemed more happy with this much more focused idea. 
I included in the presentation things like my depiction of the poem and how i went about gaming research.
absolutely took ages on gaming research, looking at games that inspired my work such as Dear Esther and Gone home. I completely 100% would do this again as I played these games I was writing in a note pad and pausing it taking interest and notes from every aspect of it such as the narration, sound, textures etc.
This type of research proved essential in my project and inspired my work to no end, I also found myself thinking on a different level from watching things such as the people who made gone home talk about the things that people miss and did a quick run through, this got me thinking about the level design and the direction in which people see things so for example I knew i had to place things in peoples line of view and things of interest needed to be lit well and placed in a way which helped the overall scenography of the level, i think i did this well as you can see in the woman's photo frame in the long corridor its something you look at and walk to straight away and then the audio tells you about the story and who that women is. 

Here are some screenshots from my presentation showing how i researched my project and my development ideas to start with which then I worked upon and created more - 










The presentation helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment