Thursday 20 March 2014

Feedback from Professionals - Crytek - Omar Khan.

I sent my work over to my friend that works for Crytek in Germany so he could give me some critical feedback that I could work from obviously with him being in Germany I couldn't send everything so I sent him some screenshots explaining my work for him to critique.
I got a lot from this feedback it also seemed to enforce what others had said also from final Crit that the terrain was a little noisy, I had gone a little over board with the terrain tool and needed to turn it down a little so from this I went over my terrain and smoothed all of the mountain surfaces which created a much better look for the environment.
I understood what he meant with the dreams but as Omar has not read the poem I can understand his confusion to the sand in the level so this I will overlook.
I have taken into consideration his comment on the one tree in the distance on the hill top, i thought this may be a nice feature to have just something to create more realism but when i think about it it is highly unlikely that a tree would grow all the way up there on its own and it does attract the players attention a little too much so i will remove this from my scene due to this feedback. 

I agree that the scene looks better now minus the tree it did take attention away from the castle as a whole. 
I have taken into consideration also the collider issues i was having such as objects into each other and i have moved these things. I also agree with what Omar said as in using Ncloth for the curtains however i tried several times to use this following digital tutor guides and also tutorials on the internet to unfortunately no success, so this is something I will come back to at a later date and try and figure it out again. 
This feedback was very valuable and helped me quite a lot, I see how this type of feedback from a professional working in the same industry is important and will continue to get Omar and others to critique my work in the future.

This was his feedback-


And here is the work I sent him- 



No comments:

Post a Comment