Thursday 8 May 2014

Final Crit - 8th March

Today we had our final crits everyone set up their FMP's and we all walked around and played/ watched everyone's pieces giving feedback positive and negative so that we knew what worked and what we could improve.
I made a build and run of my level at its current stage which is pretty close to finishing however i need to add my sounds, scripting and make a few touches that i got from from feedback. 
The feedback was very helpful I learned a few helpful things from it such as -

  •  Going over the terrain again as i did go a little bit crazy making the mountains but i don't want to waste too much time on this when it's not a main focus of detail. 
  • I knew that the controls were sticky because of the first person controller options so i need to change the way it moves as at the moment its really quite hard to control and its like you are on ice. 
  • I also need to add more particles to my scene to create a more atmospheric effect possible fairy dust in the trees like a poem fairytale,
  • I also need to adjust my waterfalls as they are a bit out of control at the moment i can do this easily by messing with the options of the particles. 
  • It was brought to my attention that the garden looks a little repetitive so if i have time i will add more rocks and hopefully some plants or grass etc. 
  • I should also add more pegs to the bow holder.
  • Sound - birds singing little details.

I left this with the level so people could understand fully what was going on without the sound at this point- 


Here is the feedback I received from my peers it was a valuable exercise and crit and seriously helped me into tweaking my level, without it i may have missed some of the points brought up. 
I also got positive feedback too with lovely compliments about the textures and the layout of the level. I was given too massive compliments about that i should work for bethesda and that the level looked like something out of Skyrim. I think these compliments were a little over key but it was still really nice to hear and it shows that i have defiantly done things right in this level design etc.






No comments:

Post a Comment