Thursday 22 May 2014

Being a Student Ambassador

I have learnt a great deal from being a Student Ambassador it has given me the opportunity to really develop my communication skills and confidence as a whole. I find that from it I am now able to talk in front of large groups of people and with confidence give them the information they need to make an informed decision about their futures. I think that from this I will be able to take these skills and adapt them into whatever endeavours come across my path in the future, may it be giving a lecture to students, promoting a game at an event or even selling myself to a client. 
I have also gained experience in UCAS fair events this was an excited and interesting experience for me I got to meet a lot of potential students and share with the passion we exchanged for our love of animation. Whilst there I was also able to browse for myself at what the universities had to over in terms of Masters degree's this was interesting information to get and I gave my email to a few institutes in England and they have since sent me valuable information through email, if my plan B needs to happen in the future i know that attending these UCAS fairs will have helped me a great deal. 

Overall I have appreciated my time as a Student Ambassador I feel that i given a lot and given good advice to those future students, I have gained a lot from the position, better speaking skills, networking, confidence and charisma, I would highly recommend any one in Leeds College of Art to jump at the chance of bettering yourself and helping other people in the process :)

Here's some pics from the UCAS fair's I did the first is Newcastle and the second was Middlesborough 


No comments:

Post a Comment