Monday 19 May 2014

Digital tutors subscription

Another thing I have done to better myself when i leave is subscribe to digital tutors.com
Yes it's money but its money well spent and after having the trial edition for a while i decided to upgrade and buy the full thing for as long as i can afford it. 
It's a fantastic source of information and has a library of videos ready to play at the click of a mouse.
I have already learned so much on Unity, scripting and Maya. It's very good as well for basic things that you may have missed or forgot along the way, I find myself learning something new each time i watch a video and it re enforces my knowledge and gives me good practise skills such as a simple thing as remembering to name your objects. 
See below how much software tutorials they have, thousands. 
I would highly recommend it to anyone who seriously wants to increase their skills and make them much more professional, as remember the people that are teaching you all pretty much have jobs in the industry and are teaching you in a professional way.

A very good feature they have which has been helping me is my backpack, basically what it is is like a favourites page, you see something you find interesting or it was really helpful to you and you may want to view it again some time, just click add to my backpack and its saved in a safe spot for you to easily access whenever you like.

I've also been looking into learning paths and this is something i am going to start when i leave uni, i haven't had the time to dedicate to this yet and give my self a strict regime to stick to because I've been busy with uni deadlines. When i finish though i am going to throughly explore this and teach myself some new software, my first go to software is going to be Zbrush as a friend hooked me up with it and i think it's a valuable skill to have and something game developers look for in a skill set and portfolio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment