Monday 19 May 2014

Events I'm attending later this year

Here are a few of the events I will be attending this year to keep up with networking events and gaming expos. 

Thought Bubble 2014
I haven't been to thought bubble before so this is something i am 100% doing this year i have heard nothing but good reviews about it and it is a great place to exchange business cards and make contacts in the concept art and storyboards department. the only reason i have missed the last two is due to being on holiday or away both times :/ 
I am excited to see the artists work and possibly dress up too.
Here are some of the Illustrators that will be showing work at Thought Bubble 2014

MCM Comic Con Manchester 2014
I am also super excited to be attending MCM Comic Con in Manchester again this year, last year was awesome! And this year will be just as good if not better because i know not to wait in the queue for three hours now.... I will however have to find a new friend to go with as my gaming expo buddy has moved to Germany :( So i will find a new pally pal to go around with.

They have some pretty sweet guests too-
Play Expo 2014
I will be attending play expo in October later on this year i went to play expo in my first year of uni and i absolutely loved it there was so much retro gaming to have there and i made a good contact talking to a nintendo rep that told me about working there, this is something I'm going to look in an enquire about this year as it could be a good job on the side for random events and getting to network more with reps is always a good thing


BAF
I couldn't afford BAF last year but i will definitely put some money aside to attend BAF game if there are any 3D environment speakers there, this is something i will keep looking at at hopefully go to as its only really round the corner from Leeds. It also provides you with first hand knowledge and great information about the gaming industry as well as giving you the change to ask a panel questions.

Creative Networks
I was going to attend the creative networks event on Wednesday 21st May however i was working on that day so i could not. I've heard many good things about the event and its a good way to stay in touch with people from Leeds College of Art too as its like there professional events network.
I will be attending the next event. 

I have also given some thought into volunteering for nogloss film festival this year, it's always good to give back and help out for free :) plus as always, its important to network.

No comments:

Post a Comment