Tuesday 22 October 2013

Skills Audit-

So a few simple questions here but these questions really do make you think, to say you are good at something can sometimes be an overstatement however i have tried to be as realistic and honest as i can here, with the three years we've had at uni i think that i have come out with a good set of knowledge and the skills to be able to develop mine further.

What are you good at?

  • Unity
  • UV mapping
  • Scripting (Basic)
  • Modelling
  • Sound design and editing

What do you need to get better at?

  • All of the above (until i am satisfied with my progress
  • Mudbox
  • Photoshop (it can never hurt to be better at this!)
  • 2D flash animations (I'd like to learn the basic skills and understanding of this
  • 3DS Max (I think knowing both will benefit me in the long run)
  • Zbrush (This is something game developers look for, I will learn this as I got a copy of it)

What do you need to get help with?
I need to get help with all of them however I have already thought out how i will do this, I will subscribe to digitaltutors.com, I will subscribe to 3D world Magazine and I will also keep in touch with my contacts in the games industry to critique my work on a regular basis so I know where I'm going wrong and where I need to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment