Tuesday 22 October 2013

Research - Essay

So for my research i started by going to the library of course and spending a very very long time in there. I found about 20 books to go through and photocopy. I found that as i was doing this i wasted a little bit of time by photocopying too much and some of it i didn't need.

Here's some of the books i found-



So from these books i found out some interesting things to talk about such as -
  • The scientific side of fear
  • The psychological side of fear
  • Man made fear
  • What society says you should fear
  • Childhood fears
  • Technological advances 
  • Horror Cinema
After going through these I highlighted the relevant paraphrasing and quotes i could use and i went around them and put post it notes on them and wrote around them so that i could easily remember what points were for what. I found this really helped me along the way especially when i started writing up my quotes and paraphrasing. 



I also researched into a few games studios that focus on horror games so that i could get an insight into how they do it and what techniques and tools they use.

Here's also my plans on writing the essay-





No comments:

Post a Comment