Tuesday 9 October 2012

11 second club

While i was researching time lapses in animation i came across the website called 11 second club on here there were loads of animators giving opinions and critquing each others work which was great to see. What was interesting towards my work as well was i came across this time lapse that he had created which helped me think more about my animation to come.

Notice how he does everything in layers working his way up the animation so to speak, i found his video very interesting and helpful. Here's some of the video's he posted up, click on them and have a look at his process, it really made me think more about my process of things and how you have to plan it all out before you do it.






For my research of time lapses i also looked widely at video time lapse how fast the were etc because it was very hard to find time lapses in animation. Of the top of my head as well i can't think of one animation that has a full on time lapse in it. Maybe this is something to experiment with? It could be a great new look.

These are just three examples of time lapses
I like the varity and different subjects between them. An obvious point i got form them is that the scenery must remain in the same place and move slightly as to make it seem like a long time has passed. Possibly things can be added to show time is passing such as fruit aging or night changing to day. 
It was fun and interesting to watch these, i look forward to making mine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment