Friday 5 October 2012

Our group is - Wissy, Jess and myself :D

Picked our group and i'm very happy with it :)
Over the weekend were all going to think of ideas and from them design 2 characters concept art. So i started first by thinking what archetype i'd like the 2 characters to be, what could link together in the cinematic scene. I thought that if they went together better for example - a mentor and a trickster - this could be made into a comedy cinematic, the mentor could be trying to teach the trickster something but because he's the 'clown' aspect he could not be listening and doing something different entirely during the cinematic. That's not what were gonna do but you get the picture. I wrote down and thought a lot about this, what type of scene it could be, trying to picture who is in it. I find it easier to visualize this first before moving onto thinking about what my character may look like. I think i'm set on a comedy scene but obviously i'm in a team and will listen to my team mates ideas for the cinematic too.

I then asked myself the question what are they? And i found myself always thinking of half animal/half human to draw, i asked myself many questions in my notebook and found the answers i wanted after thinking hard. Here's a scan of my notes -



I did a wide range of mood boards to gather ideas's before i started properly drawing, here's all my mood boards i did. I chose to look at a lot of animals and kung fu for a half animal/ half human kung fu idea. Another mood board i did was a mythology one as i love mythology, i haven't worked on an idea for this yet but i may do. My last mood board was a compilation of lots of cute characters, i wanted to design a cute character that wore clothes so i looked around a lot at yu-gi-oh and poke'mon etc...
Any who, here's all the mood boards i did - they always help a lot.








No comments:

Post a Comment