Tuesday 9 October 2012

Environment & Props Concept Art

I really like doing environments so i'm designing it and props :)
I really realllllyyyyy like doing this kinda thing so i can't wait to get properly started. 
First thing i did was to collect mood boards together to get the shapes of igloo's etc.
So what i'm gonna do next is so concept art and work on everything that's going to be in the background.
I'm thinking some majestic mountains and colours like the northern lights, i may also design the inside of the igloo but we'd only really see it for a short time so there's no point really making a really detailed scene for a second. I may just add a fire place and a few bookcases etc inside with him.


I then started to sketch up a few ideas i had -

I started to think how can i make the environment more personal to mammoo? What would he actually have in his house? Fishing equipment outside, a fish barrel with fish he's previously collected for winter. A window in his igloo with his prized flowers growing :) 



I thought the one above had a bit too much inside it, plus i didn't know at this time if we were actually going to even see inside the igloo.


getting more personal with windows and doors


This was an early idea for a cam shot 
'mammoo cam'
Where we would see his fur and see the igloo inside from his eyes as he walked outside.





just afew skecthes and photoshoped to mess around with colours. I'm thinking of different shaped igloo's could be interesting but we'll see what suites the scene best.


No comments:

Post a Comment