Friday 5 October 2012

Ideas & Concept art :D

My 1st idea came out as a Mentor and a Hero -
My mentor is an old goat that has a daydream about a kick ass karate goat that will save the world, he has the fantasy through out the cinematic and we see the comedy side of things such as - the super cool karate goat looks at a chopping board and it sizzles into dust, he stares at a butcher and he explodes, he has his arms around 4 goat babes at once :) when this fantasy comes to an end the mentor smiles waiting to see his hero walk in. Suddenly a little baby goat bounds in around his feet, then the mentor realises he has to train the goat into his fantasy.

I'm going to work on concept art for this as i really like where the idea is going, jess also liked my mentor goat so she's going to work on some concept art too.
Here's a scanned image of my 1st drawing of this -


see below after photoshop, i'm getting better! but i gotta get shading down!



another idea for the goats was a nice hairy fat one :D
he could be the comedy trickster side of the scene.

see below jess's concept art for mentor goat :D

My second idea i found from looking at cute characters and combining accessories/clothes together. I looked at a lot of poke'mon, digimon, yu-gi-oh, duel masters etc... which is always fun to look at :) here's my 1st drawing of ideas for this, i'm also working on the little things like getting the eyes and accessories just right - oh! but first here's the mood board's i looked at to help me get here -





i thought it looked a little run down in photoshop so i took it into illustrator and used live trace to bring out the lines


I then proceeded to live paint ears :)
yep, i've know named him ears :)
original.


trying out different colours


He's french! YES I AM ONTO SOMETHING HERE....




obviously i needed two humanoid characters so i thought a sidekick baguette would fit the scene nicely :)
If we don't use this idea i'm definitely going to work on this in my spare time. I really like these characters.
ahhhhhhh oui oui madame!!

No comments:

Post a Comment