Wednesday 28 November 2012

Time lapse creation and it's animation. Proud of this :D

I enjoyed doing this time lapse so much and it just showed me that i can actually draw in photoshop even though i think i can't. Annabeth and i brain stormed on how this would be done, she thought it best to make a sphere and turn it inside out then texture it normally, which i did. It worked perfectly. 
From doing this i learned some neat skills for future use such as animating the time lapse, drawing it and remembering that i can turn things inside out in maya. It is easy to forget this when your normally uv mapping things on the outside. 

Also here's a mood board i made from researching the web, i wanted the sky to feel very majestic and blend in well with the mountains. I took my time to find the right colours whilst drawing in photoshop and used many different opacities and try's to get it right. 

Here's the finished thing, yay!


I found i had to rotate it as the axis it was on made the sky turn different times of day in the animation which obviously looked wrong. 





looks a bit like a planet :)

morning 
day
evening
 night

I tried my best to get the transitions in photoshop from day to night etc so they would just turn from day to night but fade. I did this pretty well i think but forgot to do night to morning, oops. 

then i just exported it into unity, made it big enough to put my terrain in and animated :)


Next was to animate my time lapse, so i had to create a new scene for the animation and use the cameras to record what i wanted telling them what time to start/stop how fast etc...
I used reference from working out times so that i would know how many frames it was how fast it need to be, i also did this for my crack animation. 


Here's a quick clip of my time lapse in action, if i would have had more time i could have refined it more and would have liked to have had it end in the correct place which was morning again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment