Sunday 25 November 2012

Exporting and Re-sizing everything into unity completely took the P I double S

THIS TOOK FOREVER. 

Because we hadn't planned everything at the beginning fully some sizes were off and animation times. 
When everyone was ready i took all the files and painstakingly exported every single thing into unity. I then re-sized everything writing down sizes along the way so i wouldn't have to do it every time  for example mammoo sizes -

me re-sizing up characters, found it easier to put them next to each other to see the difference

making sure i wrote things down were esencial to this part. 



I found along the way that i could help myself by importing the last scene into the next one so not only had i wrote down the sizes which i could easily type into the axis  i knew exactly where to place the characters so the animation didn't look like it jumped from place to place which would have looked really bad. 

Here's some screenshots of how i did this and showing my thought process-





 These little tips i figured out helped me loads, it would have taken even longer if i didn't write these things down. I've definitely learned form this module that you can't plan enough!

I also had to re-attach all the textures so i had to go through everyone's folder's find the texture's import them and attach them. For next time's organization, folder's will be a top priority for myself and hopefully my team.

I really like this screenshot below, i used the robot and crack against each other to find just the right size which would look right in the animation, i didn't want the drills looking like the came through the ground but with the shards of ice. It would have been hard to re-size everything without doing this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment