Thursday 9 May 2013

Tom Evans

Tom Evans came today and talked us through a little slideshow he had made about how he got into the digital industry and tips on what to do. He said a lot of things that we already knew from earlier talks in the year but i think the main point i took from it was that he went travelling for 10months. This is something i really want to do before i do anything freelance or job wise. I feel that it would benefit me if i either get a masters abroad or take a year out to travel and film my adventures, take photography  draw and just document my journey in general. I have this feeling that going out there and seeing more things will help me develop as a person more and hopefully create my own style. 
It will also help me to decide what i actually want to do as money doesn't bother me at all. I find that i always find myself thinking that i want to help and influence other people to get more creative. Like i don't want to make something for money, i want to make it to share it and show people it and inspire others really. So maybe from travelling i could do something in volunteering? Or do art on the road? I know these are all random idea's but it's just completely how i feel and i know it's what i need to do. 

Another main point Tom made was that it's probably best to get experience with a studio or work experience before you start off freelance. As you have to remember they hire people through word of mouth and other things you've been involved in before. So it's really good to remember that it's a big deal about who you know and where you've been. 
All in all the talk was good and it just reminded me of things i'd forgotten and just given me more incentive to travel really. 




No comments:

Post a Comment