Thursday 16 May 2013

Flower - sound


http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/09/flower-out-on-psn-this-week-go-behind-the-scenes-now/
-behind the scenes post

Flower is absolutely incredible for sound, yes the game is beautiful but without the sound it just wouldn't be the same. I'm blogging about sound even though i can't put any in because i've run out of time, but playing flower the sound works with the petals as you fly around and collect them like a musical instrument. I think the concept of this game is fantastic and a great source of Transmedia. It's a game but also a musical instrument which could be classed as educational as well. I've learned to look at a lot of things as transmedia now as before it just went over my head and i thought one thing is one thing, but really if you think about it and look hard you can easily imagine something in something else.
I like the simplicity of the colours and layout, it just shows how perfect scenography can bring everything together for such a simple game and make it work.



I'd really like wind in my level but i don't know how to do it! :(





The particle system on flower is brilliant too and the lighting complements everything. 
Im gonna put a windmill in my scene as it's simple and will look pretty :)


No comments:

Post a Comment