Thursday 16 May 2013

Creating the terrain in Unity

Here's my favourite part :D i had so much fun doing this, i really enjoy it. 
So i started off by putting two terrains together one higher than the other so that it would create an atmosphere of space and so that when you reached the fence you could see how far away from the rest of the landscape you were. I worked from my head and positioned things as i saw fit from the research i had made and the short sketches i had drawn. I fund it really easy to place everything like i saw it in my head and before i knew it i was done, well, as done as i could be with the time i had left. 




another two views here-


So then i moved on to the painting part, i started by covered the land all in one colour and then adding textures in layers painting them over the top of each other until i was happy with the result. I found this much easier to do in unity rather than photoshop. I also added some water in so i could get a better idea of where to paint. 



I then moved on to the other side and worked my way back again adding paint as i saw fit thinking of the colours of landscapes in real life and referring back to mood boards and images. 


So here's the almost finished result! Got everything set up as needs be, the graveyard, the place for the temple, the shed, the waterfalls etc...


I then added in little details such as pathways and tree's to make it look more realistic  the only thing i have left to do now is add in the model's i made in maya and resize them and place them.

No comments:

Post a Comment