Wednesday 27 February 2013

Sounds and Music & Skyrim!


Before i started doing my sound i did a bit of research into sound design, i found this really interesting video on you tube by a guy called Mark Lambert who creates sounds for bethesda's skyrim.
Throughout the video he talks about how he collects his field sounds and what he does and thinks whilst he's doing it. It made me think a lot about what i could create sounds with and where i could get sounds from. So from this i went down to the sound booths downstairs and scoured logic pro and every other sound system we have down there and i made copies of them onto my hard drive. Yes, it took up a lot of space, but it was worth it. I found that i enjoyed going through these sounds and thinking ahead and putting things in folders that may help me later on, such as a beam sound that might work or an ambient moise to fill a space. Something annabeth said this module really stuck in my head, 'If you can see it, there should be a sound' So i went by this and went through my animation thinking this and finding the right sounds i wanted.

Here's some screenshot of my sound process and some of the sounds i picked and looked at -







scott pilgrams soundtrack was a great one to go through and just missed the cut. 








 

No comments:

Post a Comment