Saturday 23 February 2013

Rigging & Skinning

I found the rigging process a little difficult as i had to watch the video's of matt's tutorial again because last module i did the environments so i forgot how to do it :/
I found this time though going through the video's i understood what was happeneing and could guess what was going to have to be done next.



as you can see my joints wern't fully straight, i should have corrected this at the beginning but didn't.


Stupidly i modelled the bears hands in front of him which was a mistake and made the rig go very funky until weight painting. I won't be doing that again.


parenting came simple to me,
The Child to the Parent =
simple!



I found that the IK handles went a little dogy, i think this may have been something to do with the skeleton and not alining the joints straight enough, next time i'll use the graph and probably snap the joints with x on the grid so they are definatley all in line.




I figured this out on my own but a good thing to know is how to unparent something if you do parent it wrong and realise later.


















No comments:

Post a Comment