Wednesday 1 January 2014

Academic Poster - A visual Response.

As a Visual representation of our module so far we had to create an A1 sized academic poster which explained our context of study.
I found this very useful as i could see what i was getting out through my findings on my dissertation, this made it easier to think about my practical and how i could incorporate these things into it through visually looking at this poster. I think I'm on the right lines to achieving the correct synthesis and the feedback was very helpful too. 

Heres what i wrote in the poster as you cannot read it from the picture here
(starting from the top box of text down to the bottom).

People are most afraid of things that could
actually effect them such as real life things
like kidnap, death, clowns and spiders to 
name a small view, i will be putting a room in
my practical showing these fears and making
viewers feel on edge. 
Childhood and psychological fears are things
the brain cannot help noticing, i may create
a looping animation of a clowns jaw snapping 
shut mixed with some creepy sounds 
recorded in the studio.>>>>>>>>>>>>

Suspense is one of the biggest factors in creating an enviornment
 from the likes of Hitchcock i have learnt that you must draw the viewer in
closer till it makes them feel it more, for example these stairs to the right
<<<< these make you uneasy and not want to venture down them
this is because of a mixture of lighting, great texturing and modelling,
they have used an old gothic like style, i will take this inspiration 
and use it in my practical.

^^^^^^^ Lighting techniques are a must with the wrong lighting the scene can be ruined.
 Its best to use many sources of lights such as spot, directional and sky, in my 
practical i will be trying to achieve something similar to the images above using 
darkness and light to create that feeling of uncanny.

<<<<< I will be using particles in unity to create fog in my game
 level fog is always an effective trick in video games when people
can’t see they really don’t like it. I will be signing up to digital tutuors 
to learn some better techniques and hopefully i will be able to find 
some that teach me some tricks with particles as the research I’ve
 found doesn’t tell me that much about them.

Tactile effects are somthing i really want 
to put in my practical I’m not quite sure how
 to do it so i will be reasearching much
more into this a horror game is much better 
when the player thinks that they have 
some form of control however you are
just giving them the tools to see more and 
be scared I want to use something like a 
video camera effect like from outcast or a
 torch effect like from silent hill, i really think
 this will help my game level reach that 
desired effect of ‘spooky’.

No comments:

Post a Comment