Tuesday 22 January 2013

Ship Ideas & Finished Concept Art

For my plo bears ship i just want something simple and fast to make as most of my time is going to be going into the bears and everything else. I put together this mood board of images of ships i found which show simple shapes and look.

As you can see i literally just want an absolute simple ship.
Some wings, a cockpit, a few buttons here and there and a good old texture to make it look more space ship like. I think i may draw the textures myself in photoshop as i enjoy doing it. 
I found a picture of a nice textured corridor as you can see above, all different shades of silver, i like the look of it a lot. 

So next thing i'm going to do is draw up a few mocks of my space ship then get down to some technical drawings which i can then turn into image planes and use them to model from. 

Finished Technical Drawings
Finished Concept Art

Again i think i'm getting a little better at drawing, i added in a screenshoted grid from maya and layered it in photoshop, i think it gives the finished piece a nice touch. Again i used the fur tool to experiment with at the bottom.


No comments:

Post a Comment